Over the past few weeks I have accomplished a few small things that I am proud of and I thought I would share them with you.
1. I have added categories to my blog! I don’t know why I haven’t taken the time to do this before. It was pretty simple to figure out and I feel so much better now that it is done!
2. I participated in a Twitter chat. It was #cdnedchat and the topic was Professional Learning Networks. I thought that it would be harder to keep up but it wasn’t as overwhelming as I thought. There were lots of friendly people with great ideas. The questions they asked were:
- How do you build and use your PLN (outside of Twitter)?
- How has your PLN improved your teaching?
- What proportion of your professional development is online?
- Have online PLNs replaced traditional PD?
- For those new to PLNs, which educators/educationalists would recommend they follow on twitter?
I tried to find the archive but I couldn’t find it. The link to the page is http://www.cdnedchat.com/welcome. If you haven’t participated in a chat you should try it!
3. It seems that the more I tweet the more followers I get. There have been a few times where the number of my tweets has matched my followers. Right now I have more followers than tweets but by the end of this class I want to have more tweets than followers! I know this isn’t an accomplishment but it’s neat for me to see! The number of people I follow has also increased. It is interesting for me to be reading something and come across a name and decide to look them up on Twitter only to realize that I already follow them already. Building my PLN on Twitter has been one of my favourite things about EC&1 831!
Right now I am working on creating an Aurasma. I decided to download the app and play before reading the instructions which is always fun and frustrating at the same time! I have also ordered a MaKey Makey and I can’t wait to get that so I can try to figure it out! My daughter is also teaching me how to play Minecraft. I even have my own world. I will post about these experiences later.
What small things have you accomplished during this class?